50 50.00%
  • Nintendo Wii

16 16.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Mood
    Stressed

Who is going to win the Next Gen Console War

Who is going to win Video games ultimate battle of supremacy
    Here is all of the interviews I have conducted over the years while working at Gamingring.com

http://gamingring.com/news/?page_id=3427

Any resemblance to previous posters, living or dead, is unintentional and is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Brains not included. Some freethinking required. Contents may be emotionally unsettling during reading. Read only as directed. Do not read while handling sharp objects. If contrary posts are read, do not induce vomiting. If emotional condition persists after reading, consult your Psychologist. Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice. All facts are approximate. Reading this disclaimer constitutes acceptance of agreement. This post is meant for the private use of our message board audience. Subjects being discussed were current at time of posting. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error, or failure to entertain. Any replies are not an admission of guilt. Read only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from flaming. Not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Not recommended for children under twelve years of age, adults, senior citizens, animals, insects, plants, or dead people. Limit 1 complaint per flamer. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health.

Re: Who is going to win the Next Gen Console War

Xbox 360 will dominant!. Nintendo Wii will come in a close 2nd place, and well PS3............... there it is.

I have to say Xbox 360, The playstation fans will re-think what they buy since the ps3 is 600 bucks and people might shy away from the wii's new style of gameplay. So, I think the 360 at first will easily be on top. Over time I can't say, theres to many variables to guess upon.
    +-*Insert image here*-+

+-Latest Work-+
    Windows Vista Wallpaper
    ^Click Link To View^

+-Accomplishments-+
    First joined May 20 2002, Official Creator of the First ever King Of Gamingring Graphics Tournament, First Runner Up for Most Likley to Become a Mod at First Gamingring Awards, Former Mod of the Mixed Martial Arts Forum, Former Mod of the UFC Tapout Two Forum, Former Mod of the Pride Fc Forum, Two Time Mod of The Pride Fc Forum, Nominated Graphic Artist Of The Year 2004-2006, Former Mod of Graphics Forum, Designed Current Gamingring Avatars, Co-Created Current Gamingring Avatars, Co-Created Past Gaminring Avatars, Two Time Gaminring Super Moderator, Voted Most Likely To Become Admin In 2006, Created the "NXS" Skin, Created the "NeXus: Trend" Skin, Former Gaminring Super Moderator

It'll be a close race between the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii. This very well may be Nintendo's last chance to get a console onto the mainstream and compete strongly with Microsoft and Sony.

In the end, I think the Xbox 360 will win out over all, because they're preparing to drop the price to compete with the consoles being released near the end of this year and also they have the "big guns" of their games preparing to all be released as well, while the other consoles will have a couple solid games, but other launch titles.

Still though, I could be wrong... but either way I'll be stuck with the winner cause I have an Xbox 360 and I'm going to be purchasing a Nintendo Wii as well.

Superstar: Roderick Strong & Austin Aries (ECW)
    Record (W/L/D): 8/1/1
    Titles: ECW World Tag Team Champions (10/29/06 - ??)
    Accomplishments: 1st ECW World Tag Team Champions (Gen Next w/ Austin Aries), Best Tag Team

Superstar: AJ Styles (TNA)
    Record (W/L/D): 6/2/0
    Titles: TNA X-Division Champion (01/01/07 - ??)
    Accomplishments: 1 Time X-Division Champion, Member of the tWo

Superstar: The Rock (WWE)
    Record (W/L/D): 10/3/1
    Titles: N/A
    Accomplishments: 1 Time World Tag Team Champion (w/ Stone Cold), WWE Winner of Royal Rumble, Best Debut

My Mood
    Goofy

I believe the X-Box 360 will win it. Frankly because they had a 1 year head-start, and they're just now gettin' into their 2nd generation of games, diggin' deeper into what the 360 is capable of.

The Nintendo Wii is not "Next-Gen", but more like "New-Gen". But if you consider it as "Next-Gen", it would most likely wind up 2nd, but 1st in units sold. Of course for PS3 or 360 owners will most likely get this as a second system for their household. The Wii uses lesser graphics than all other systems, but it's innovative controls and whatnot will intrigue even the most hardcore players. Wii is for everyone, even for people who haven't played a video game in their life.

The PlayStation 3 has a lot to live up for. Its price point may be too high for some peeps who have low payin' jobs and whatnot. It will have the best graphics of all next-gen systems, but will its gameplay be smooth as well? As introduced (at the last minute) at E3, the PS2-like controller will utilize a gyro feature for at least a more intuitive way to play PS3 games. (And no, it is not a direct copy of the Wii's controller. The Wii can do more than just gyro.) It'll also have some great online abilities as well. But is all this enough to get the PS3 into the top spot in the "Next-Gen War"?

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Xbox 360. The Nintendo Wii isnt a next generation system its a new generation of gaming.

Xbox 360 has 3 key things

1.)Online Community
    2.)Grand Theft Auto
    3.)EA Support.

Sony Has Genji and warhawk

still i think ps3 will own at the war, it better because its the most expensive

I think XBox 360 and then Nintendo and Sony if they don't lose a lot of money and have to sell them selfs to Microsoft that is and or Nintendo.

But on the other hand I could be wrong and Sony could make millions and blow away everybody minds and come out the winner in the end.

I think it's really to soon to tell just let that is.

But if I had to guess like I stated above it would be MS and there xbox 360 not because of there head start but because of there online system that works and people still use it and talk about how awesome it is that and everybody else is behide Microsoft and that's a big plus, not to say no body's behide Nintendo or Sony but thus far Microsoft has proven them selfs in the long run with only there second console out in the gaming market and being able to show gamers the things there second console can do etc.

Most exspensive, doesn't always mean the best.

TripleH867

right now Im going with the 360, only because I think sony is going in a different direction and its a a bad thing. I think Microsoft and Nintendo are staying loyal to the gamers while sony is just out to make a buck.

As of right now it's obvious 360 is winning, but as the Wii comes out it'll be a veerrryyy close race and IMO Wii will win it because it's cheap, and very "new". For PS3 that won't even qualify to be in the battle of the systems.
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Forever!
    Jobber- June 22, 2006
    Roody Poo- June 25, 2006
    Mid Carder- August 21, 2006

i have to say sony b/c look at the 360 ppl were buying 1000 dollar consoles off ebay and the console itself was only really worth 400 so with the ps3 being 600 bux i dont even want to imagine how much itll be it might damn well be 2....3 thousand dollars just for the console itself so i think price isnt really a big factor and neither graphics cause both of them have great graphics so thats why i picked ps3.

Y2J!!!Y2J!!!Y2J!!!! Save Us

Consoles Owned

1.Xbox360 [20gb]
    2.PS3 [60gb]

I have to go with the Xbox 360. It has everything that Playsation fans could want for a cheaper price. It allready attracts Xbox fans. I'd say Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360 for a tie however im' pretty sure that the 360 will have more mainstream success. Some of the games that someone would pick up a Sony console for are on the 360, such as Smackdown and GTA.

Ps3!!! Rulez

***Thanks for Ecko***

My Mood
    Pensive

Xbox 360 will win

I think Wii will win for some strange reason. It has proven to be the more innovative console. Playstation and XBOX 360 are exactly the same as their counterparts and have not really evolved. Xbox wont win because of its boring games and you have to pay so much for accesories. Playstation wont win because of its high price. Nintendo Wii is really looking good, and I know their wrestling games will be revolutionary (no pun intended) lol.. I cant wait to see Nintendo Wii in the coming future.

Gaming Purist

I voted for 360 but Wii might win tho. Its going to be very clsoe race between Wii and 360. PS3 will be 3rd due to sony's idiotic PR moves and overexpensive unneeded specs that are in ps3. If PS3 games are $70-80 which sony seems to be hinted to, ps3 will be dead in the water.
    Twitter- @adamitk

360 will win with PS3 coming in a close second. Wii will come in a distant third, unfortunately the most innovative console of the 3 will see the worst sales IMO.

My guess is Xbox 360, but who knows what the future will bring.

it'll definatly be Xbox 360. im basing that simply on the fact that it'll be established by xmas when the others come out an by the looks of it, very affordable to the parents of the world. PS3 have a serious problem in terms of cost and people wont buy that with cheaper, and almost similar alternatives there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information