Want to make loads of CALs but hate having to spend hours with each one in Legend Killer Mode? Want to just have a recreation of Tatanka with proper stats from the get-go? Sounding too much like an infomercial?
Well do I have the solution for you!
Here are the steps you need to take to fill your CAL roster with Super-powered All-stars and you'll never have to touch Legend Killer Mode again (aside from the initial instructions and then if you truly want to play it again of course).
- Make a CAL. Don't edit him AT ALL. Just keep everything defaulted. I changed his name to Randy Savage because he will eventually become Randy Savage and the stats will keep track of him as such.
Step 2: (optional)
- Look at the CALs you plan to make and determine the LOWEST stat they will have in any category. I figured out that none of mine will have a stat lower than 60.
- Take your bald, blue shorts dude into Legend Killer mode. Play a few matches, pulling off as many finishers and chains as you can. Do enough so that you can fill your stats in each category to the lowest number you want. IE: 60 for me. So Strikes, Grapples, Durability, Speed and Technique will all have 60s in them when I am done. Save your game.
- Take Default Man into the 38-Man Gauntlet match. Pull of as many finishers, chains, etc., you can for each match. This will take awhile. Go on... I'll wait.
- Done? Good. Now this is important. DO NOT ASSIGN THOSE EXP POINTS AT ALL!!!!!! Instead, go into CAL Mode and go to COPY. Copy Default Man (Randy Savage in my case) to slot 30. Edit Slot 30s Default Man so his name is now TEMPLATE. Don't touch Slot 30 ever... until of course slots 1 - 29 are filled and you need to make one final CAL.
- Now when you want to make a BRAND NEW CAL... go to the create mode, select COPY and copy TEMPLATE (from slot 30) to any empty slot. Edit the dude to your liking. Then enter Legend Killer Mode, select the middle statue and all his stats should be 60 (if that's the number you chose) AND he will have tons of unused EXP you can assign to any category.
- Rinse and Repeat until all slots are filled or you don't have any more guys you want to create.