GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Big Brother

GR Big Brother 7 - Week 3 (Housemates ONLY!)

GR Big Brother 7 - 2009

Big Brothers
    Benaholic
    Blaze
    Venom™

Current Housemates
    Anti
    Cuda
    Imp
    Jmark
    Kingy
    [NikE]™
    SuperCrazy
    The Lord Of Darkness
    Revolver

Past Housemates
    Erock14

Rules
    Posting: Big Brother contestants are not allowed to post ANYWHERE on the forum outside of the allocated "Big Brother Housemate-only" threads, except for RPers, EWRers, & any Mods/Admins. RPers/EWRers are ONLY allowed to post their RPs/diary updates, they are not permitted to post comments or anything else. Mods/Admins are ONLY allowed to post if their "job" requires them too. Any contestants caught posting when/where they shouldn't be will receive a warning & a punishment, after receiving 3 warnings they will be ejected from the game.

Tasks: There will be 2 tasks each week - A weekly task & a Saturday task. Weekly tasks will usually begin on Mondays or Tuesdays & end on Wednesdays (unless otherwise stated). Saturday tasks, as the name suggests, will take place on Saturdays.

If housemates successfully complete a task they will be rewarded with a prize, which will be announced with each task. If housemates fail to complete a task for whatever reason they will either not receive the reward or will receive a punishment; whichever it is will be announced with the task.

Nominations: Each Monday all housemates (unless stated) will nominate 2 housemates who they would like to see go up for eviction that week. Housemates who do not nominate/send in their nominations on time automatically give themselves 2 nominations. No excuses!

Evictions: The 2 or more housemates with the most nominations will face eviction for that week. The evictee/s will be determined through a public poll, with the person receiving the most votes being the person evicted. Evictions will take place on Friday nights. Atleast one housemate will be evicted each week. In the event of a tie, housemates will choose who will stay & who will be evicted.

Dropping Out: Previously in GR Big Brothers many housemates have entered the game, & then dropped out for various reasons. Last year the housemates were punished whenever a housemate walked out of the game, this year the person who walks will be punished! That's right, after being given permission by Mike Regan (I have proof), any housemate who walks out from the game will be banned from GamingRing for the duration of the game. Big Brother will take into consideration each housemates circumstances/reason for walking out of the game, & if it seems legit enough, they will be let off. However if it is basically BS, they will be banned from GamingRing until the end of the game!

Ejection/Rule Breaking: Last year a number of housemates were ejected from the Big Brother house because they blatantly broke the rules several times. There is a "3 strikes, you're out" policy with rule breakers. Upon a housemate breaking the rules they will be ejected from the game. However as I believe that last year housemates got themselves ejected from the game as they didn't punish the housemates, this year Big Brother has come prepared - As with people who walk out from the game, housemates who are ejected will also be banned from GamingRing for the duration of the game.

Punishments: As stated above, housemates are on a "3 strikes, you're out" policy in regards to breaking the rules. Each time a housemate is caught breaking the rules they will be immediately contacted through PM informing them that they have been caught, & what their punishment is. Big Brother will decide punishments on a case-by-case basis.

"Strikes" against a housemate last for 3 weeks. After 3 weeks they will expire, & that strike will be removed from that housemate. However if a housemate accumulates a total of 5 strikes over the duration of the game they will be ejected from the game, & too will be banned from GR until the game has finished.

The Diary Room: Housemates will be able to contact Big Brother in the Diary Room through either AIM, MSN (or Windows Live Messenger) or PM. Housemates may 'come in' to the diary room at any time to speak to Big Brother about anything that is on their mind.

Also, at any time Big Brother may post in this thread asking a specific housemate to 'come into' the diary room; in this instance, the specific housemate must contact me on AIM, MSN, or through PMs ASAP. Big Brother may also ask for of the any housemates to 'come to' the Diary Room; in this instance the first person to contact me will be 'the chosen one'.

Length of Big Brother: The game is 7 weeks long, & will end on Friday, July 24th.

The Prize: The prize money will undoubtably change over the course of the game, especially with this new rule - Each time the housemates fail a Weekly Task, the Prize Money will drop by $20. However each time they pass the Weekly Task it will raise by $10. There is no minimum amount, so if the housemates accumulate a prize fund of anything below $0, & do not bring it back up over $0 before the end of the game, the winner will receive $0. However there is a maximum limit of $100. If the housemates accumulate a Prize Fund of this much anymore passed Weekly Tasks will not add to the prize fund, but if they fail it will still subract as normal. The prize money will start at $50.

--------------------------------------
    The House:
    Spoiler:
    YouTube Player

Spoiler:
    Here's a bunch of pictures to show you around the house, without having to watch the video:
    The house:

Main house:

Garden:

For pictures, click here

List/Descitpion of what can be found in the house:
    Spoiler:
    Overall house design/layout
    • When constructing the house Big Brother did not want there to be any square/rectangle rooms, or for the house to be in in the shape of a square or rectangle. Excluding the sauna & elevator shaft which Big Brother was not able to build in a non-square/rectangular way, all of the rooms (which housemates use - there's one really square room by the the diary room, but it's not accessible) & the buildings themselves are all built in their own unique shapes.
    • The change in flooring in the main open-plan area of the Main House shows the change in the area, from the Kitchen/Dining Area, to the Recreational Area, to the to the general-kinda movement area.
    • As well as the general idea of not having any square/rectangular rooms, Big Brother did not want to have anything to be square or rectangular; Because of that, as much as possible isn't - such as the wallpaper, flooring, layout of furniture, etc.
    • Big Brother also wanted there to be sense of randomness throughout the house, but so that it was memorable but not overboard. This was done through the only bath in the house being placed near the Dining Table, Living Room, & Recreational Area; the toilet in the Living Room; the Christmas/Easter stuff even though it's Summer, etc.
    • Big Brother also wanted there to be sense of that there was no privacy. This was done through many of the mirrior placements (eg a mirrored wall at the end of the showers, in the Main Bathroom), a number of windows (many of which were quite large), & a very open-plan design house.

Kitchen/Dining Area
    • 2 sinks
    • 2 dish washers (the 2 under-the-counter machines that are next to each other)
    • 2 trash compactors (at either side of the gap in the counter)
    • Wine rack (hanging on the wall)
    • Pots & pans (hanging off the wall/ceiling)
    • Microwave
    • Fruit squasher
    • Coffee/Espresso/etc maker
    • Dining Table, w/ chairs
    • 2 Fridges
    • 2 Ovens
    • 2 Bar stools
    • Various flowers/paintings

Main House Bedroom (aka Bedroom 1):
    • 2 Bare-basic single beds
    • 1 Coffin-shaped single bed
    • 1 Heart-shaped double bed
    • A number chests of drawers

Living Room:
    • 6 Couches
    • A huge TV
    • A toilet (positioned directly to the left of the TV)
    • 2 Soft-cushioned chairs
    • A shelf holding a football helmet, an Easter Bunny, a Santa, & a ginger bread house.
    • 2 Recliner chairs
    • Photo Booth
    • Empty painting canvas'
    • 2 Coffee tables

Recreational/Party/General movement Area:
    • The only bath in the house (near the Dining Table, Living Room, Bedroom 1, music equipment)
    • Tables with party food/drinks
    • Running Machine (which has a mirror on the wall in front of it, so as you're running you see your self)
    • Cycling machine (same as above; it has a mirror on the wall in front of it, so as you're cycling you see your self)
    • Bookshelf full of a books
    • Fish task
    • A couch
    • A chair
    • 3 Bowling lanes
    • A backgammon table, with chairs
    • A chess table with chairs
    • 3 Pinball machines
    • 2 Arcade game machines
    • A piano
    • A guitar & amplifier.
    • A drum kit
    • A synthesizer
    • A darts board
    • 2 soft-cushioned chairs
    • A fruit punch dish w/cups
    • 2 painting stands
    • Aquarium
    • Various statues, paintings, mirrors, etc.
    • Computer desk w/ computer & chair
    • Grandfather clock
    • Bar stand
    • CD Player w/ racks of CDs (by the Bar stand)
    • Pool table
    • Shelf of various bowling balls
    • Door to the Store Room

Main bathroom:
    • 8 showers open showers, with a mirrored wall at the end
    • 4 electric showers
    • 4 toilets, 2 either side of the electric showers (each 2 have a mirror above them so you see you're self when standing to pee)
    • 4 sinks, each with a mirror above
    • A hot tub
    • A sauna
    • Big windows to see in/out of the bathroom

Diary Room
    • A zebra designed couch, facing a wall of mirrors.

Outside/Garden Area:
    • Dining Table w/ chairs
    • Grill
    • Fridge
    • Trash can
    • Water fountain
    • Elevator
    • 4 Sun loungers
    • 2 Mini tables
    • 2 Pool-side chairs, w/ mini table
    • Archery board, w/ bow & arrow
    • Various paintings, statues, mirrors, etc
    • A pool, with 2 sets of ladders, 2 diving boards, & a slide
    • Monkey bars
    • 2 Hammocks, 1 by the pool, & the other hanging from 2 trees near the house, on the deck.
    • Half-court basketball court, w/ hoop
    • Various flowers, trees, bushes, etc
    • Hot tub
    • Telescope
    • Tent (This can't be seen in the video, but can be seen in one of the pictures, or here - It is next to Bedroom 2, down a little path in the garden next to the elevator).

Bedroom 2:
    • 2 Large windows
    • 1 Double bed with curtains
    • 1 Car-shaped single bed
    • 1 Wave-shaped single bed
    • Various chests of drawers/wardrobes
    • 2 Mini bathrooms, w/ see-through glass doors - 1 with a toilet & sink, the other with a shower. Both have mirrors in, & towel racks.
    • Various paintings, statues, mirrors, etc
    • Shelf, with a stuffed bird, a ship, & a ship in a bottle.

With the addition of the house there are several new rules which I can now announce:
    Store room: Throughout the game Big Brother may announce that an item/items have been placed in the Store Room. Housemates then have upto 6 hours to post that they have removed that item from the store room. If the item/items isn't/aren't claimed by this time they will be removed.

Beds: Upon entering the house, all housemates are to claim a bed. There are enough beds for all 8 housemates; there are 5 singles & 2 doubles - housemates may have to share a bed.

Possessions: Housemates are now only allowed to take clothes into the house, & upto 1 luxury item which Big Brother deems acceptable. The house is full of stuff to keep housemates entertained; there is no need for any outside equipment to be brought in.

Food: As of now (the beginning of the game), the kitchen is fully stocked with food. On the night of the end of the Weekly Task (usually Wednesday) all food will be removed from the house. If the housemates pass that week's Weekly Task they will be fully restocked with food, if they fail the Weekly Task they will be given basic rations.

Garden/Outside of main house: At any time Big Brother may announce that housemates will not be allowed outside of the main house. During these times the doors going to the outside will be locked, & all housemates will have to remain in the Main House.

More rules could be added throughout the game, so be sure to always check the first post for '*NEW*' to see new rules/updates. Make sure that you know them well as Big Brother will not tolerate rule breakers.

-----------------------------

Eviction: As Erock14 did not show up by Sunday at Midnight, he was automatically evicted from the house on Monday, thus making him the first person to be evicted from this year's Big Brother house.

Updates

*NEW* Regarding this coming Monday's nominations: Nominations are now back to normal. At any point at Monday, regardless of your timezone, all housemates are to send the names of 2 housemates which they would like to nominate for next Friday's eviction, & the reasons for those nominations. The two or more housemates with the most nominations will face the public vote, with one of them then being evicted next Friday. If a housemate fails to nominate, or only nominates 1 person, they will automatically be up for eviction.

Big Brother should housemates that they are not permitted to dicuss nominations, including who they may nominate, who they have nominated for, or trying to encourage a nomination. As this is a fundemental rule of Big Brother, housemates will be punished if this rule is broken.

*NEW* Stream Night: As there has been little discussion/acknowledgement of the proposed Stream Night, I assume that housemates do not want it to happen. If that's so, that is perfectly fine, however I am still willing to do it, if there is enough interest.

*NEW* Prize Money: The Prize Money currently stands at $40.

This is the thread for the housemates, & only the housemates, to use for week 3 within the Big Brother House.

So, let the game begin..

Remember housemates, the Saturday Challenge will be set tomorrow on Saturday June 20. Be prepared.
    Last edited by Benaholic; June 21, 2009 at 03:04 AM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Re: GR Big Brother 7 - Week 3 (Housemates ONLY!)

well that task fucking sucked...

*Lights Ben on fire.*

The Choice Of A New Generation Cuda™'s Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheeky

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSea_Q4WXg"]YouTube - Scar's surrounded by idiots[/ame]

Beauty, brains, brawn.
    Kana: The Queen Of Wrestling

Respect List
    If I respect you, you already know who you are and don't need your name individually listed in my signature to prove that you have my respect.

Completionist Mr. Darius Carter's Avatar
    Making my Spring residence in The Hamptons, NY

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlXlpfrIaJQ"]YouTube - Niko's epic phail (GTA funny)[/ame]

....yeah. Epic fail.

"There are those who were born to excel and succeed in life, and those who were born to watch people succeed from the sidelines. Those who were born to be champions, and those born to serve as their stepping stones. For a man to truly be appreciated for his excellence, failures must exist to showcase them. It's the unwritten Law of Life, and that law favors myself, "The Debonair Millionaire" Darius Carter! I have it all: wealth, class, intellect, and natural-born talent. Whereas you people are bound by common limitations, I am limitless in every sense of the word. Why? Because money is the ONLY thing that matters; the rest is mere conversation. You can take THAT to the bank! " - Mr. Darius Carter

My Mood
    Confused

All that work for a big phat PHAIL lol.

Artist of the Year 2010

Benny the light of my life, I will always love you, wherever I am I will always remember you.
    (6th January 1999 - 1st January 2009)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REVOLVER!

Completionist Mr. Darius Carter's Avatar
    Making my Spring residence in The Hamptons, NY

Well, to try and quell the phail within this house, here's the second edition of LoD's Match of the Moment. The match speaks for itself, as one of the greatest technicians to ever enter the sport (and IMO the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time) Mr. Perfect, goes one-on-one with a young HBK back when he was one half of the Rockers, Shawn Michaels! Check it out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmY-C7pABsM"]YouTube - Mr Perfect VS Shawn Michaels On Stars & Stripes 1991[/ame]

"There are those who were born to excel and succeed in life, and those who were born to watch people succeed from the sidelines. Those who were born to be champions, and those born to serve as their stepping stones. For a man to truly be appreciated for his excellence, failures must exist to showcase them. It's the unwritten Law of Life, and that law favors myself, "The Debonair Millionaire" Darius Carter! I have it all: wealth, class, intellect, and natural-born talent. Whereas you people are bound by common limitations, I am limitless in every sense of the word. Why? Because money is the ONLY thing that matters; the rest is mere conversation. You can take THAT to the bank! " - Mr. Darius Carter

4 day stay in nyc during christmas in a 3 star hotel for under 500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudden Depact 2.0 View Post
    maybe Mr. Kennedy so how get Holly and we just dont know it
    [February 23, 2010 11:02 PM] BradVanDam: Striker throws facts, but he just makes them up.

Originally posted by Sudden Depact
    Iu know what FUCK ALL U MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! IF I EVER FIND YOU HURLEY HURRICANE I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!! THATS MY GIRL AND U BETTER FUCKING TAKE HER PIXS DOWN AND I DONT GIVE ONE FUCK WHAT ALL U FAGS THINK BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT HER ALOT. YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK GR!
    [February 8, 2009 08:08 PM] Johnny Drago: u like talking about my girl Hurley. well dam u fucking look like one
    [February 8, 2009 08:08 PM] Johnny Drago: u
    [February 8, 2009 08:08 PM] Johnny Drago: u like talking about my girl Hurley. well dam i fucking look like one

BradVanDamXE (11:33:13 PM): I beat MGS4 looking back at all i experienced i think it may have changed my life

Ha thanks Jmark, I'm pretty out of it now, and posting on GR (fuck, i feel likeanti )

Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kingy View Post
    4 day stay in nyc during christmas in a 3 star hotel for under 500
    You could have changed it to something else y'know, just 'cause you said you'd look up that one didn't mean that to HAD to submit it.

My Mood
    Confused

Yeh Happy Birthday Revolver! Sounds like your having a good'un.

Artist of the Year 2010

Benny the light of my life, I will always love you, wherever I am I will always remember you.

My Mood
    Sleepy

Sorry everyone but I am done with being a BB. All I am going to say is I have another project that I am working on and BB is more or less a conflict of interest.

Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Querantino View Post
    Sorry everyone but I am done with being a BB. All I am going to say is I have another project that I am working on and BB is more or less a conflict of interest.
    More like, you're pissed off because I don't want to do your Team Jeopardy task which you've been harping on at me since Monday about. So, even though it could very well be bullshit, Brad has apparantly asked you to work on something with him, which we all know is going to fail as they always do. It may be harsh, but it's true. Though, lets not have this argument here.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ben for the record, you don't consider anyone's ideas...that's bad news bears...

Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Jmark View Post
    Ben for the record, you don't consider anyone's ideas...that's bad news bears...
    Where'd you hear that? Nick? Because yeah, that's totally true. I've not listened, or done anything that ANYBODY else has suggested. Nick & Venom were/are just there for show; they don't actually ever do anything.

My Mood
    Confused

Is there still gonna be a Saturday task then?

Otherwise I'm going to the pub.

Artist of the Year 2010

Big Brother

This is Big Brother.

The Saturday Challenge is now up & can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Imp View Post
    Is there still gonna be a Saturday task then?

Otherwise I'm going to the pub.
    Well yes, the game will now just be run by me & Venom™. Though Venom™ does leave for Texas in a few days, for two months, which will therefore mean that it's going to go back to just me running the game. Apart from that, nothing else will change.

Also, you can't go to the pub. You can't exit the Big Brother house; well, not until you're evicted.
    Last edited by Benaholic; June 20, 2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Confused

Hopefully that won't be anytime soon lol.

Artist of the Year 2010

The Choice Of A New Generation Cuda™'s Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Good, I finally get to do this now.

*Rolling Elbows Nick the fuck out of the BB House*

Beauty, brains, brawn.
    Kana: The Queen Of Wrestling

Respect List
    If I respect you, you already know who you are and don't need your name individually listed in my signature to prove that you have my respect.

Big Brother

This is Big Brother.

Big Brother is pleased to announce & welcome "Blaze" as the co-Big Brother to this game. Big Brother has a feeling that atleast a few housemates will be happy with this addition to the Big Brother team.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information